The ICC Women’s World Cup 2022 is a women’s cricket tournament that was scheduled to be held in February 2021. However, it was postponed to March 2022 as a result of COVID-19.
From March 4 to April 3 2022, New Zealand will host 31 matches between eight international teams. This includes a range of tournaments in Wellington, along with matches across Christchurch, Hamilton, Dunedin and more. Equally, the final match will take place on Sunday April 3 at Hagley Oval in Christchurch.
The matches scheduled to take place at Basin Reserve in Wellington are:
- March 13 – New Zealand vs Australia
- March 15 – Australia vs West Indies
- March 22 – South Africa vs Australia
- March 24 – West Indies vs South Africa
- March 25 – Bangladesh vs Australia
- March 27 – England vs Bangladesh
- March 30 – Semi Final
Wonderfully, it will be the first global women’s event to take place in New Zealand since before the pandemic. If you’d like to get in on the fun, purchase the last remaining tickets via the Cricket World Cup website.
📍 Various Locations